On-Leash Training, Concord, NC$600 for 6 Weeks
On-leash training sets boundaries and gives you peace of mind in Concord.
Whether you have a puppy or an adult dog, on-leash training is perhaps one of the most essential skills you can work on with your pet. At Dogs By Andy K-9 Services, we firmly believe that on-leash training is the key to success in a variety of circumstances and is the gateway to other training opportunities with your dog.
- Safety – The first goal of on-leash training is safety. You can hold on to your puppy as he tries to dart out in the street, and you can also pull her away from that smelly item she really shouldn’t eat. On-leash training sets boundaries and gives you peace of mind.
- Communication – If you think of the leash as an extension of your arm, the way you hold it, the tension or slack, and the way you direct your dog are all forms of communication in addition to or aside from vocal commands. Communicating with your dog through on-leash training is a great way to give yourself more control without having to say a word.
- Expectations – Telling your dog that you have expectations is important. When your dog is wearing his leash, he needs to know that you are in charge of his walking and interactions with others. You can relay your expectations, and your dog will follow your lead.
- Trust – On-leash training is a great way to develop trust between you and your dog. Once you have taught your puppy that she is safer with you than anywhere else, you will find that other training opportunities come with ease.
If you would like to focus on on-leash training with your canine companion in Concord, North Carolina, contact us at Dogs By Andy K-9 Services today to learn more about our programs. We look forward to working with you!
Dogs By Andy K-9 Services offers on-leash training for your dog. Private 45 minute-1 hour weekly lessons with a trainer, you and your dog.
The training is guaranteed for the life of the dog. Lessons can be scheduled Monday – Saturday at our training facility. You choose the time and day.
Schedule your one-on-one On-Leash Training today.
Our Training Guarantee
You Will Be 100% Satisfied with Your Dog’s Behavior
All training is covered for the life of your dog. Should the dog regress, we will conduct remedial training in our kennel at no cost to you! The prices for our courses includes “Lifetime” membership to the Dogs By Andy K-9 Services Family. The “Lifetime” membership is for the life of your dog and provides remedial training in our kennels should your dog regress. Family membership also includes annual events with other family members as well as receiving a discount on boarding in our kennels.
Dogs By Andy K-9 Services Guarantees that all Dogs will be trained in a professional manner by Full-Time Dog Trainers.
Dogs By Andy K-9 Services Guarantees all Dog Training.
Should the dog regress, remedial training will be offered in our kennel at no cost.
Contact us for more information about our guaranteed dog training.
Teaching Necessary Functions
We teach basic commands that are necessary functions for your dog’s safety and the well-being of people and other animals. Commands are important at all times for a variety of reasons. If your dog is well trained, you have the control and that is important if you are a responsible dog owner.
A well trained dog is also able to communicate and function in your home and around others. Training is about function, control and prevention.
Consider the following: A well-trained dog always responds to a command — not just some of the time or part of the time. Why is this important?
- A dog cannot SIT and jump on a person at the same time.
- A dog cannot SIT and STAY and run out the door into traffic at the same time.
- A dog that obeys the HEEL command will not pull you down the street.
- A dog that responds to DOWN and STAY can enjoy being in the room with you without interfering with your mealtime or guests.
- A dog that COMES WHEN CALLED is not going to have to be chased.
Environmental Issues such as Barking, Unwanted Jumping, and Climbing on Furniture are also taught during our training.
Six Basic Commands
A well-trained dog is not a destructive dog. Destruction is expensive! PLEASE do not hit or yell at your dog. Even if you are frustrated because of your dog’s behavior. Here’s why…
Verbal and physical abuse can never be a part of the relationship between you and your dog. Abuse destroys love and trust in dogs as well as people. How is a dog going to learn if he is afraid of your hands, your feet or your voice? Why should a dog “Come” to you if he is frightened? Yes, yelling will scare him. Your dog’s hearing is five-times better than yours. If you are yelling at him and he cowers, it’s not guilt. He is afraid of the sound.
We teach you and your dog six basic commands that will help ease your frustration and help your dog better understand you. Commands taught include:
- Place – The “Place” command teaches your dog to go to and stay at a pre-determined “place” within the house. This command is very useful when entertaining or when delivery people are at your door.